Job Title: Senior Highways Project Controls Manager
Location: Los Angeles
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad/Civil Engineering/Construction
L.A. Metro is exploring options to relieve congestion in the North County of Los Angeles in a multi-phase project named the I-5 North Capacity Enhancements. Adding new lanes, such as truck and/or carpool lanes are current measures being explored in this project.
We are looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager with extensive knowledge of highways and transit projects to manage project control activities and resources in engineering and construction through capital project lifecycle phases on major Metro capital projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees all engineering and cost estimating, budgeting, cost and contract change management and control, scheduling, configuration management, document control management and management information systems and reporting activities within a highway, rail or bus construction unit.
- Establishes, maintains, implements, and audits cost and schedule management activities for all departmental Metro Construction projects to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and plans.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets project design and construction budgets, schedules, and costs to ensure conformance with authorized scope, time, and dollar requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors actual project performance related to cost and schedule management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering, Construction, Business, or other related field.
- Ten years highway experience with 5 years’ lead or senior-level project control experience in heavy civil or multiple projects.
- Professional certifications/license: AACE International Certification desirable.
- Master’s degree in related field desirable